Force India's pointless streak continued as Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil finished 12th and 13th respectively in the Spanish Grand Prix at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona on Sunday.
IMAGES from the Silverstone F1 GP on Sunday
Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez will start the season ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix from seventh and eighth on the grid courtesy a solid showing in the qualifying at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi on Saturday.
Even though both the drivers finished inside the top 10 Force India chairman Vijay Mallya said he had expected the Canadian Grand Prix to yield more points for the Silverstone-based outfit.
Formula One has lost another of its principals.
Bernie Ecclestone has given Donington Park until the end of September to secure the funding needed to host next year's British Formula One Grand Prix or risk losing it. Donington is due to replace Silverstone as the venue for the British Grand Prix in 2010 and circuit operators have promised to invest 100 million pounds ($165.6 million) on revamping the circuit over a five-year period.
Despite missing nearly an hour of track time due to late arrival of his seat, India's Armaan Ebrahim managed to finish overall sixth quickest in the first Formula 2 pre-season testing Silverstone.
Force India rejected a report on Friday that they were in danger of being forced out of business and said their new Formula One car would start testing as planned in Spain next week.
Britain could be without a grand prix in 2010 if Donington Park is not up to scratch in time, Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone said Tuesday.
Tail-enders Force India could be Formula One's surprise package this season with the help of McLaren and Mercedes, former driver David Coulthard said on Monday.
The money covers sport in England, with other parts of the United Kingdom having separate budgets.
The strangest of campaigns crammed 17 races, instead of the record 22 originally envisaged, into little more than five months from July with four triple-headers.
Formula One could start the season behind locked gates due to the COVID-19 pandemic but the glamour sport will likely have to slim down considerably to get the green light to go racing. Across Europe, bans on mass gatherings and public events have been extended into July and August even as countries begin to emerge from the strict lockdowns that have put sporting activities on hold.
Four-time Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel will race for Aston Martin, the new name for the Canadian-owned Racing Point team, on a multi-year deal after leaving Ferrari at the end of the season.
A1 Team India stole the show at the final test session at Silverstone ahead the new A1GP World Cup.
Canadian Formula One driver Lance Stroll said on Wednesday he tested positive for COVID-19 after the October 11 Eifel Grand Prix but is now clear and ready to race in Portugal this coming weekend.
IMAGES from the Hungarian Formula One Grand Prix on Sunday.
Sahara Force India's Adrian Sutil set the second fastest time on the concluding day of the young drivers test at Silverstone and described the new Pirelli tyres as 'easier to handle'.
The 39-year-old appeared at Italy's Sanremo festival in March, where he sang a duet with Bologna coach Sinisa Mihajlovic and said he would like to try acting.
Formula One is due to go through a major technical overhaul next season, with wider wheels and chassis, and a more aggressive look with revised aerodynamics aimed at making the cars faster and harder to drive.
Formula One's supreme said if a promoter is found a long-term contract will be signed.
Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton soaked up the energy of a roaring home crowd to win the British Grand Prix.
The Briton made the comments in an interview to the BBC in reference to Formula 1 embracing new countries to hold races.
The F2002 ran in 15 races last year and was beaten only once -- by McLaren's David Coulthard in Monaco -- as Ferrari powered to 15 wins in 17 races.
Hamilton has won the last three races, out of four so far in this COVID-19 affected season, and will start as favourite again.
Mexican Grand Prix organisers say next month's Formula One race in Mexico City will go ahead as planned despite the capital being hit by its deadliest earthquake in three decades.Mexican Grand Prix organisers say next month's Formula One race in Mexico City will go ahead as planned despite the capital being hit by its deadliest earthquake in three decades.
World champion Lewis Hamilton, back in the car after his COVID-19-enforced absence at last week's Sakhir Grand Prix, was third but only 0.086 seconds off the pace.
Sebastian Vettel may need to rely on a stroke of luck at the Japanese Grand Prix on Sunday if the German wants to keep alive his diminishing hopes of claiming a fifth Formula One title.
2016 F1 calendar to feature record 21-race campaign
'It's old school to have such a concept as grid girls.'
The sport's oldest and most successful team are hoping the car, with more red and less white in the livery following the departure of sponsor Santander, will take them to a first championship in a decade.
Mexican Formula One driver Sergio Perez will miss Sunday's British Grand Prix after testing positive for COVID-19, his Racing Point team said on Thursday. The Canadian-owned outfit said the 30-year-old, who is the first driver to test positive since the pandemic-hit season started this month, is "physically well and in good spirits".
Sahara Force India drew a blank from the Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix after Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg finished 13th and 14th at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia on Sunday.
Jehan's rookie year in F3 got off to a solid start in the previous weekend at Silverstone where the multiple Indian and Asian Karting champion earned himself two rookie podiums.
German Nico Rosberg eased to victory in a chaotic Belgian Formula One Grand Prix on Sunday.
Lewis Hamilton won his home British Grand Prix for the fourth year in a row on Sunday while Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel suffered a penultimate lap puncture that slashed his championship lead to a single point.
Germany's Nico Rosberg won a dramatic British Grand Prix for Mercedes on Sunday after one of several explosive tyre failures scuppered team mate Lewis Hamilton's hopes of home victory.
Next year's season-opening Australian Formula One Grand Prix in Melbourne has been brought forward to March 20, to allow space for an August break, after previously being listed for a later than usual start on April 3.
Doubts about Force India being able to race at Spa, the first Grand Prix since the August break, emerged on Wednesday with reports of legal complications.
Formula One champions Mercedes ran their new car for the first time at Silverstone on Wednesday with title holder Lewis Hamilton saying he felt 2019 could turn out even better than last season.